The first place you need to go when you have a OnePlus 3T? Go to XDA. Our friends there have so many different tips and tricks, it will hurt your brain. So please do go visit XDA developers forum for OnePlus 3T.
And probably this: (how to go back to full stock)
- Download stock ROM from OnePlus official website
- Transfer it to your phone storage
- Go to TWRP recovery, wipe everything except internal storage, then flash stock ROM
- Reboot phone, wait at least 3min
- Transfer the same stock ROM to your phone
- Go into settings>system update>little wheel on upper right hand corner>local update>select the ROM
- Wait for it, then reboot. After it’s fully booted, do a factory reset
- Relock bootloader
- (Optional) factory reset again
Franco kernel is the kernel to get. I’m using stock OxygenOS. Flash franco.kernel over it, have 2-3 battery cycles and you’ll realise how good it is. Don’t forget to buy the app and to donate to Franco. It is brilliant work.
TWRP Recovery for OpenPlus 3T – always a great recovery to flash. Official link can be found here.
Here’s the link to do a systemless root.
Recommend to use Magisk
And once you flash Magisk. Install Magisk app from Google Play. Finally get some of the mods here.
Need to know the difference between Magisk and SuperSU? This thread helps.
If you get into problems with DM-Verity once you’ve upgraded to OOS 4.0.3, you might want to take a look here to find out how to sort that issue.